A Crash Course on Reading and Interpreting Empirical Research Articles
Includes a Live Event on 06/10/2019 at 2:30 PM (EDT)
This webinar will provide an introduction to reading and interpreting empirical research articles related to the child life profession, with a focus on identifying rigorous research studies. Current research articles will be discussed, including analyses of articles written by Certified Child Life Specialists.
Upon completion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
• List the components of a research article.
• Understand what information is provided in each section of a research article.
• Differentiate between quantitative and qualitative research methodology.
• Understand the three major issues with empirical research: sampling, measurement, and problem identification.
• Analyze research articles to determine flaws in study design.
• Understand common challenges encountered when conducting rigorous psychosocial research.
Domain: Professional Responsibility
Brittany Wittenberg and Emily Jones
Ph.D., CCLS, CFLE
Brittany Wittenberg and Emily Jones are Co-Chairs for the ACLP's SAPPC: Education/Awareness/Networking Subcommittee. Brittany Wittenberg is an Assistant Professor of Child and Family Studies at Louisiana State University. Emily Jones is a Child Life Specialist III for the Adaptive Care Team at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.